Friday, 14 August 2009

ORKS: Warboss' Boyz WiP


So far I have most of the base colours down. I just need to finish off the silvers and bone work, before then moving on to the tidy up stage.

Since they are just going to be standard troops, I doubt I'll add much highlighting after the wash stage, but we'll see. At this point, I just want to get them completed to a acceptable table top standard, and extensive highlighting and layer work would only take more time. Time that could be better spent on getting the rest of the force up to 1000 points.

This way of painting though has reminded me that I do need to keep my skill levels up, so I do need to train myself. I think I will combat this by maybe pulling out one of the hidden models that I bought years ago and said to myself, "I'll save this for a project for when I'm better at painting!"

Well, I'm probably not better at painting, but one thing is certain, and that is, that it's okay to do standard work... but you do have to push the boat out from time to time, whether its to learn new things, or to make sure you keep your skill level up.

No comments:

Post a Comment